ICO’s (initial coin offerings) have been exploding in popularity this year…
In fact, they’ve overtaken traditional VC funding for startups raising capital!
However, this new way of crowdfunding is littered with scams and has a very uncertain future.
ICO’s could be the tool to help small (unaccredited) investors get access to better investments, but the current regulations in place are set up to help the rich get richer while leaving table scraps for 98% of the population.
In today’s episode, we’re taking a deep dive into ICO’s and looking at the possible future of this innovative way of raising capital.
In this episode you’ll learn:
Review of the traditional ways of raising business capital 1:38
What are ICO’s 3:03
2017 ICO stats 3:53
Risks and rewards of ICO’s 4:20
How to find good investments 8:19
How to avoid scams 9:18
How I invest in startups 11:08
The big question about ICO’s 14:05
JOBS act and SAFT 15:55
3 options for ICO’s 19:12
Predictions for the future of ICO’s 20:10
Question of the day 24:35
The coolest “ICO” of the year 25:02
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
The SAFT Project (Special Agreement for Future Tokens) – https://saftproject.com/
CoinList.co – verify your accredited status and get access to big ICO’s – https://coinlist.co/
ICO stats – total funding from initial coin offerings – https://www.coinschedule.com/stats.php
Join our wealth building community for investors and entrepreneurs: https://chrisdunn.com/community
Connect with Chris:
Check out my personal blog: http://www.chrisdunn.com
Learn valuable skills from mentors: http://www.skillincubator.com
– Best charting platforms: http://chrisdunn.com/coinigy & https://chrisdunn.com/tradingview
– Free Bitcoin basics course: http://chrisdunn.com/bitcoin-basics
– Crypto trader & investor community: https://chrisdunn.com/community
– List of cryptocurrencies: http://coinmarketcap.com/
– Buy Bitcoin at Coinbase: https://chrisdunn.com/coinbase
– I’m not a financial advisor, attorney, or tax professional, and nothing I say is meant to be a recommendation to buy or sell any financial instrument. Do your own due diligence, and take 100% responsibility for your financial decisions.
– I will NEVER ask you to send me money to trade for you, directly buy or sell cryptocurrencies from you, or pump a specific market. Please report any suspicious emails or fake social media profiles claiming to be me. See this blog post for more info: https://chrisdunn.com/impersonators
– Trading and investing are risky! Don’t invest money you can’t afford to lose, because many traders and investors lose money. There are no guarantees or certainties in trading.
– My videos may contain affiliate links to products I believe will add value to your life.
– Read the full disclaimer here: https://chrisdunn.com/disclosure/