In this special edition of HPE Business Insights Studio, Tim Grieveson, chief cyber and security strategist for EMEA at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, sits down with Alex Tapscott, keynote speaker at HPE Protect 2016 and author of Blockchain Revolution, and Terence Spies, chief technologist and blockchain expert at HPE Security Products, to discuss predictions related to blockchain technology and how it’s expected to transform future economies.
Blockchain technology was developed to enable the Bitcoin network, but it has the potential to disrupt all industries, particularly the financial services sector. Our guests examine the advantages and challenges of blockchain to help organizations prepare for this latest disruption.
Breaking down the discussion
Tim, Alex, and Terence discuss the following topics:
• What is blockchain? (0:25)
• Best markets for blockchain (2:07)
• Unexpected blockchain applications (3:12)
• So blockchain sounds perfect, right? (3:59)
• Blockchain’s challenges (5:15)
• Does decentralization automatically mean disintermediation? (7:25)
• Practical uses for enterprises today? (8:23)
• Using and moving beyond the Bitcoin network (10:11)
Get more from HPE Business Insights
For more videos, find us at http://www.hpe.com/business/insights.
To receive the HPE Business Insights eZine directly to your email, please subscribe here: http://hpsw.co/Xa53LtD.
Discussion about this post